Here are a few books that I have found extremely helpful and entertaining. This page will be updated whenever I find another book to add, so check back frequently!
- 20 Master Plots (And How To Build Them) – Ronald B. Tobias
- How to Write: Advice and Reflections – Richard Rhodes
- Advice to Writers: A Compendium of Quotes, Anecdotes, and Writerly Wisdom from a Dazzling Array of Literary Lights – compiled by Jon Winokur
- Fiction Writer’s Workshop – Josip Navokavich
- The Creative Writing Guide – Candace Schaefer & Rick Diamond
- Freeing Your Creativity: A Writer’s Guide – Marshall Cook
- The Art of Fiction: A Guide for Writers and Readers – Ayn Rand
- Escaping Into The Open: The Art of Writing True – Elizabeth Berg
- The Forest for The Trees: An Editor’s Advice to Writers – Betsy Lerner*
- Zen and the Art of Writing – Ray Bradbury
* This is the only writer’s manual ever to make me weep. Definitely the most well-crafted and useful tool in my personal writing arsenal.